Vision & Approach
""Her being at Cressey has made so much difference. Within 2 weeks our life had changed so much at home. It's now SO much better!"
Parent, July 2016
"I'm very very happy with Cressey. It's early days for her, but already I'm seeing changes, real changes."
Parent, July 2016
Cressey College will continue to succeed with students where other schools have been unable to; and will succeed in the long term, not just briefly. We will provide a stimulating, exciting and fun curriculum tailored to the individual needs of the learner, to help each student to reach their emotional, social and academic potential.
We will nurture and support each learner to develop as individuals in their own unique way, and encourage a desire for further education, employment and lifelong learning.
By providing consistent education and support we will offer the stability needed to gain emotional balance, and enable our learners to develop their self esteem and a positive self image, in a safe and nurturing environment.
In this way we will achieve positive outcomes that other establishments have been unable to achieve with these same students.
Philosophy and Ethos
Cressey College is nurture-based, and outcomes driven. We believe all students should learn within a caring, supporting, safe and enabling environment.
We create this so they can have fun, and develop in confidence and happiness. At the same time we also provide tough love and clear boundaries, to guide behaviour.
- The school respects the rights of young people as individuals. We value them all, and ensure that they are cared for and treated with respect and dignity.
- We help students to catch up, by providing intensive 1:1 and small group teaching. Our high staff-student ratio enables this.
- We prioritise progress, and the achievement of positive outcomes, to maximise the long-term benefits to both the individual and to the community.
- We see the students as part of the wider community, to which they should contribute and from which they can learn.
- We place students into whichever of our six sites offers the best environment for their individual needs.
"For the first time in the whole of his life he has friends and is doing academic work.
Before Cressey he had neither. Cressey's just brilliant.”
Parent, July 2015