The Steering Group
"For complex children there's no question. You (Cressey) are our preferred provider. You're succeeding with the most challenging children we have. Without going into details, the other schools just can't do what you do."
Head of SEN, a London Local Authority, Nov 2017
"Cressey is a good school and it makes me happy."
Year 6 Student, November 2016
"Best School ever ... good teachers ... funny kids"
Year 5 Student, November 2016
The Steering Group
Cressey is an Independent School, and so has a Steering Group rather than a Board of Governors; but the Headteacher has adopted the same rigorous governance standards that are required of state funded schools.
In accordance with Ofsted requirements and the National Governors Association’s guidelines, the Steering Group has three key functions. These are:
- holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- and overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Members of Cressey College’s Steering Group are:
- Dr Jonathan Clark OBE (Chair), Executive Headteacher of the Beckmead Family of Schools
- Adrienne Cherrywood, Headteacher of Cressey College
- Nigel Butcher, Pastor of a local Church
- Philip Prior, Educational Psychologist
- A Mensah, Hannets Financial Consultants
- John Herring, member of Cressey’s leadership team.
In addition there are two Associate Members. These are:
- Amy Pollard, Assistant Headteacher of Cressey College
- Brian Usher, Operations and Contracts Manager for Cressey College.
To see the Steering Group’s Terms of Reference, please click here. To contact the Chair of the Steering Group please email email@example.com, or call Maria White on 020 8256 0547, or email firstname.lastname@example.org